Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The People of NoHo a.k.a. North Hollwood

Have you ever picked up and moved your whole life somewhere new and completely different from what you know? Have you ever experienced more in 9 months than you really have your whole life? Guilty on both accounts! I recently just moved from a town outside of Cleveland, Ohio called Painesville to North Hollywood, California and let me be the first and definitely not the last to tell you that it is a fucking culture shock! Now when I came here I was already ready for what was ahead of me and ,I think, prepared myself the best I could, but even after that I still felt like I was in a dream at times. Hell, I still do! Its probably the most exciting and scary feeling when you move somewhere new...ESPECIALLY North Hollywood! I like to think that North Hollywood is the breading ground for young dancers, young actors, young musicians, bums, hippies, and the mentally insane! Yes I know that is kind of a weird list but I assure you if you came here you would know exactly what I am talking about! I often walk the streets of NoHo because it can be more entertaining than watching Twilight or Fast and the Furious in my book! You can see people practicing acting skits outside the dozens of theaters, watch bums try and beg for change,hookers standing under the NoHo sign, salsa dancers practicing for their big show, or a ton of "Almost Accidents" at the intersection of Lankershim and Magnolia. I'm telling you cable TV has nothing on NoHo! And its funny because everyone really does fit into a certain category. There is the old grump weird men, the dancers, the young entertainers, the crazy ladies, the creepy guys and the unknown. Everybody basically fits into one of those categories in one way or another. I'm going to start a cartoon series about all of the wonders of NoHo so that everyone can experience what I get to! Honestly thought...I wouldn't want to start off anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment